Risotto alla Milanese
TIP: Preheat the broth in another pot.
CAUTION: Keep the clamp handle cool to the touch and away from the flame.
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 shallot, minced
1 cup Arborio Rice
1/4 cup dry white wine
4 cups preheated chicken broth
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons butter
Salt & pepper to taste
Fresh herbs if desired
1. Attach StirMATE onto a 2-quart sauce pan.
2. Place 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon butter and minced shallot in the sauce pan and start StirMATE.
Turn on burner to Medium and let it stir for 3-4 minutes until aromatic.
3. Add rice and cook for 2-3 minutes until rice is fully coated.
4. Add wine and let it stir for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the chicken broth and let it cook and stir on Low heat for 13 minutes until the rice is firmly cooked.
6. Add parmesan cheese, remaining butter, fresh hers, salt and pepper to taste. Let it stir for 2 minutes.
7. Turn off the burner first, then stop StirMATE and unclamp it from the pot.
Optional Add-Ins: Diced cooked chicken, fresh peas, cooked shrimp...your imagination.
Recipe courtesy Chef Uberto Dandalero - Cafe Ellenico, Milan, Italy.